Tuesday, April 6, 2010

things that make you think...

The weather this week has been great today was a little humid for me and it can feel uncomfortable after a while especially to sleep at night I guess we have to put up the A/C soon so we can be cool at night. I'd rather deal with this than rain, ice and snow. Today I got annoyed with the sitter b/c I get there and she gives me attitude about coming 3 minutes early I'm like wtf you've got to be kidding me for real, it's bad enough I'm always stressed b/c I don't want to be late to work b/c who wants to stay late I sure as heck don't especially when days are slow and there's no work to begin with. I made it to the bus on time which is good but it's days like that when I wonder what the hell are these day care providers thinking? You know darn well my child is one of your first drop offs why wouldn't you be ready at the time we contracted for? I don't think people realize how hard it is to be a working mother especially when your kids are babies and toddlers it's never really easy I find that a lot of these day care providers in the home and daycare center settings make the parents go through a lot of unnecessary stress. I call today to say I'm coming to get him and she's all apologetic to me I thought whatever same excuse as last time. I'm coming to realize that I can't let people's bs get to me like I do a lot of times. When I got him today I let her know right away that I'd back same time tomorrow let's see how that turns out. On another note, we had a training demo today at work and I hate those I'm a person who prefers to work alone just tell me what to do or give me written instructions, etc. and I will do whatever needs to be done. Two of the people there were really being annoying I don't need to hear all of this extra curricular crap and why do you need to be told to do the same thing 10 times? A lot of times I just put on my ipod and tune it all out sometimes they have to call my name to get my attention b/c I'm so into my work and my music yes music is my distraction to drown out all of the office crap. Yesterday my little boy turned 17 months time flies by so fast, it seems like yesterday that I was bringing him home from the hospital, he's such a ball of energy, walks and likes to run and be into everything I wish he would start talking soon nothing yet. Tomorrow is hump day which is good b/c we're half way through the week. I'm counting down the days till our vacation day comes. Next week we have to start preparing I need some summer clothes b/c I threw out a lot of stuff last year and I know it's going to be very hot in Florida so we need to go prepared. I'm looking forward to the sun, slower pace and just to relax and spend some time with the family and the pool, etc.

1 comment:

  1. That's all you can do. Can't let other other peoples bs get to you, many will take pleasure in that sort of thing that they are getting under your skin. Best defense mechanism? Indifference, pisses off those types of people more than anything even if you were to cuss them out lol.

    Vacation time is almost here! You'll make it, hope you get some relaxation time in fl ;).

    ReplyDelete