Friday, January 17, 2014

Android vs. IPhone

I've always had Android phones for and I currently have the galaxy s 3 but I have to say that I'm getting bored with it. One of things I hate most about this phone is it's terrible battery life. I can use it for a short time and the green bar is almost halfway.down and another thing is the Wi-Fi connection there are times I have to restart this phone several times a day I don't know if that's the area I'm in or the cell phone company's issue but I think I'm ready for a change. The most recent operating system upgrade I downloaded I hate it just guessing I think it's android 4.0 icecream sandwich it's not user friendly and it took me a long time just to find the options to put a pin# to protect my phone I know one thing I look for is user friendly not having to jump through hoops just to do simple tasks. There's always a risk with upgrades that they will either take away a few good things and maybe add one to three new things and add a expensive price tag.

I've always liked Apple products the computers etc but they're way out of my league financially. There is never an issue with viruses and the system is very straight forward and easy to use and I'm hoping there'd be a better battery life than my current phone I never considered the iPhone before because you needed a contract and the providers who sold it are very expensive and no insurance coverage so since none of these are issues no more I think I'm ready for a change and I'm looking at getting the iPhone 5s I know it's going to be a sacrifice but from what I heard from someone as recently as last weekend he said he loves it so much he'd never go back to android and will upgrade when the new one comes out.  I'm ready for change  but before I take the plunge and purchase it I will go to the store and mess around with it first before making the final choice it will be an adjustment as it is with anything new but I think I will be happy with it in the long run

1 comment:

  1. If you are bored with android, I think it's worse with iphone. ALL platforms on every single apple product seem exactly the same. Ipad, iphone, ipod, etc. Also, it is less customizable.

    I have to say I agree with the battery complaint, as I have an s3 too. I try to disable my mobile network and wifi when not in use as those things drain battery soooo much bec data is always running unless you manually turn these things off. It helps. Big time!

    What about another android phone? If I could get a new phone it would be an LG android phone. I say go to a carrier store and get a feel for as many as you can before committing.

    Great luck on the phone search!

    ReplyDelete