Friday, March 21, 2014

hair part 2

In January I posted a blog how hair defines us and my plan was to go to the Devachan Salon in the village and well it's been a while since I've blogged on here but I chickened out and didn't go. I read a few yelp reviews and some You Tube reviews and decided not to take the plunge. I ordered Wen around the same time and with every hair product that I've tried I hoped for good results and one product I can stick to instead of being on the journey of finding yet another styling product another shampoo, conditioner, etc. I ordered the Wen promotional kit in Pomegranate and I have to say not a fan at all. In fact I don't think I can be a fan of co washing or these no poo or low poo cleansers. While I realize sulfates aren't the best but I need my scalp to be cleansed too. I used a whole bottle and I found that my hair always looked knotted and dirty and you have to use a lot of product. I was fed up and started using regular shampoo again and it seemed like my hair could breathe again. I don't recommend Wen at least not for my hair type which is very curly and dry at times. I was also told by one of their reps that I should've gotten their lavendar or fig products which are more for my hair type of how convenient that none of those are options are available with their promo kits. I call the company that's supposed to have award winning customer service and I'm persuaded in every way not to cancel and was told I'd receive a free bottle of lavender cleansing conditioner I'll try it but I doubt very much I will be reordering this product again and so the search continues. As for the haircut I'm still thinking it over whether or not I will give devachan salon a try as it's very expensive but I also want a style that's easy to manage and care for.  I realize everyone's experience is different so I won't go on yelp and you tube overload again.

No comments:

Post a Comment