Saturday, October 2, 2010

downtime and halloween nostalgia

I can't believe October is already here it seems like September just flew by so fast.  I just wish autumn in NY would really kick in already b/c I'm really sick and tired of the rainy muggy weather we've been having.  Fall is a beautiful time of the year, the leaves turning nice shades of yellow, red, orange, on our way to Atlas Park yesterday I actually saw some one had a carved out pumpkin on their porch which I thought was cute a reminder that Halloween is this month and we have to get our son's halloween costume.  I used to love Halloween as a child, the excitement of getting a new costume going trick or treating collecting tons of candy and going to halloween parties.  I also remember the mcdonald's coupon you'd get for a free cone, sundae, cookies, apple pie and hamburger those were the best lol I of course loved icecream as a kid so I'd always want the cone and sundae coupons.  We would count up how many we'd get and some years were better than others.  Now Halloween is totally different and I think it's b/c society has changed a lot.  You don't see many trick or treaters now if any and more people just have halloween parties or take their kids to halloween related events like we are taking our son to Sesame Place Halloween Spooktacular.  I think it's changed b/c of safety and people who like to take Halloween to commit crimes and act like idiots.  I remember when people used to go bombing with eggs, shavingcream and how they would also use nair and throw it at ppl which I think is really mean b/c nair and neet is a hairremover.  I think about some of the things I did as a teenager or music I listened back then and I think what the heck was I thinking???  Now I find myself saying these damn teenagers lol like I'm an old fart but I'm far from old but far away from my teen years sometimes I forget I was a teenager once and a small part of me still wishes I was a teenager no responsiblities no bills, hanging with friends that was a good life.  Now I'm married with a child and working full time which I also wish I didn't have to do either I never realized how hard it is to be a parent and a working parent on top of that I can see why my mother after a while stood home b/c it got too be too much for her but that was a different time now if you don't work people look down on you as if you're losing your mind or your lazy meanwhile work at home is way more tiring than office work.  Today was my usual morning routine wake up shower get breakfast ready for jr put cartoons on and off to start cleaning my house and sometimes I do one half per day b/c I don't want spend my entire day cleaning I also deserve a break.  Got paid yesterday and it seems like my check does a disappearing act now you see it now it's gone.  I cleaned out my fridge today and I got rid of old stuff and realize I need to do grocery shopping which I HATE.  I was going to do it yesterday but I had no list and frankly no energy after a long day of work.  I browse the flyers of every supermarket on line before I make the choice of which place we're going b/c I go where I can get the most for my money.  I usually go to Pathmark most of the time but there are times I've gone to Stop & Shop and I've become a member of BJ's to get good deals on meat bulk household items.  Tomorrow I finish the rest of the house and I will go outside and take a walk.  I'm glad to see the sun again for a change.  I'll end it here going to laydown and chill out before the baby's nap is over

2 comments:

  1. I remember when Halloween was fun too. We are turning into old people for sure. I think I will go for a strawberry sundae on Halloween, I remember you gave me one of those Mcdonald coupons long time ago, like back in 1991 or maybe even 1989. I could only imagine how hard it is to be a mom, the good thing is that children grow. I am sure you will feel relief once your little boy goes to kindergarden. Time seems to be going fast so that day will come before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for fall weather to kick in either! I'm tired of this 80 and 90 degree weather already! I need to live in Alaska or something! lol... Wait, maybe not if I have to deal with Palin's ass! lol

    ReplyDelete