Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Police: Baby dies after dad forgets him in car - New York News

Police: Baby dies after dad forgets him in car - New York News

I read this in sadness and anger b/c I have to wonder how many more children have to die b/c of the stupidity of parents like this?  I guess I can't have an impartial or flexible opinion on this issue as I am a parent myself but last time I checked your kids are your # 1 priority their safety their health and well being and quite frankly there is nothing that important that you can leave any child unattended in a car and than you leave this child in a car that has no air conditioning for what to save on gas? Take the child with you or wait till you can leave the child with a sitter or mother.  I think people these days have their priorities in the wrong place these days and some quite frankly have no business having children in the first place they don't have the emotional maturity, financial resources, patience, etc.  I have to wonder what the heck did this guy have on his mind that he "forgot" the child.  There's only one time I can remember this happening was when I was at Walmart in Long Island shopping and we heard an announcement over the PA system saying that there was a child left behind in the store and I got scared and wondered perhaps they had done it on purpose and thought of safe haven laws for unwanted children but it turns out that the parents went home and forgot the child and it was a very small infant they locked down the store as we were leaving we saw the police coming in to the store.  I don't think they made any arrests but I'm sure they let the parents have it once they made it back to the store I'm also sure that they'd be monitored by the child services too.   The message is loud and clear Parents your kids are your #1 priority and everything else is secondary when it comes to your child.  It's a shame that this story will be one of thousands already heard and hoping it will be the last even thought that's kind of unrealistic.

1 comment:

  1. Some people can be so cruel to people and even their own child.

    ReplyDelete