Tuesday, August 20, 2013

flawed healthcare system part 2

This past weekend was my birthday weekend and we had a nice simple dinner at the outback healthwise I wasn't feeling all that well because of the pain and locking in my knee I started having symptoms in my right knee that has now continued to my left knee and I'm having issues with circulation. I saw an orthopedic doctor who gave me a diagnosis and a referral for a surgeon. Saturday I was a mess I just kept taking naproxen the rx I was given for inflammation which is just a temporary bandaid. Next day I still felt bad to the point I decided to go to the emergency room and get checked out only to be disappointed with the level of care I got. The level of care and customer service in the healthcare profession is on the decline and very mediocre whether I've been the patient or someone else has. These people are a joke even the nurses these days everyone is all about doing as little as they can to collect a paycheck and it's all about the bottom line to these hospitals and doctor's offices. I take a taxi to the ER which was a 20 minute wait I think I could've made it faster limping to catch the bus and train smh @@. To wait to be called in and registered I felt as if I was on an assembly line. The registration clerks are ghetto rude and unprofessional I couldn't believe how I overheard this woman screaming at this man b/c he forgot his worker's comp claim # I would have torn her two new aholes. I guess she's pissed off because the clockwatcher had to actually do some work and look him up in the system @@. Once I'm registered I go to the back and wait in a room I wind up falling asleep and being kicked out of a room to make room for another patient who came by ambulance by this time I was aggravated tired and still undiagnosed. A doctor a.k.a "quack" saw me and tells me there's "nothing" he could do for me as I can't have an MRI in the ER that's funny wth do they do with trauma or accident victims why don't you say the truth that your joke of a hospital doesn't have an MRI tech available on sundays tells me he doesn't see any swelling on my legs ok there unless you're blind of stupid they're swollen I was given an rx for tramadol to reduce inflammation and was discharged. That's right just quick to get you in and OUT and was given a referral to adult clinic and a orthopedic doctor when I already have one in place. Very disappointing indeed as this is supposed to be the one of the better hospitals in queens sadly. We leave get on the train and bus home on our bus ride home I get the only locking pain in my knee meanwhile this quack idiot poor excuse for an md couldn't see anything wrong with me. I called out yesterday b/c I couldn't really walk that well so I took the medication and went to get my MRI done it took a while and I'm anxiously awaiting my results and my appointment isn't for another week. I am always on my feet and I cannot afford to be out of work for a long period of time so I'm investigating and applied for disability just in case I need it. I am someone who is always on the move and about so me having these types of issues is a total drag for me. I'm nervous as I just want a diagnosis already. I research this doctor i'm supposed to see and this surgeon is affiliated with St Catherine's hospital and smithtown surgery center all the way in suffolk county long island how will I get there? I asked a dear friend for the favor should I need to get there. I'm sure they will tell me I have to lose weight as if I don't already know this to find the money and the time to exercise is very difficult when you already have so much on your plate to begin with. One thing I can agree with our president is the healthcare system is very flawed b/c costs are rising and care is declining insurance companies want to treat the patients instead of doctors doctor's who want to get paid by code bundling which means charging for things they didn't do or try to get a higher reimbursement rate which NEVER works but I doubt this new healthcare system is going to help anything just going to make things worse in my opinion b/c no one wants to comply with the new regulations or get the training needed and we have too many people who are studying healthcare professions who don't have what it takes to be in healthcare. These trade schools make so easy to be a medical secretary, coder, assistant, LPN, patient coordinator, etc. it's a total joke and a disgrace. During my visit to the imaging place yesterday there was no respect for HIPPA laws this woman expected me to shout my name and DOB for the whole waiting area to hear same with another patient another patient in excruiating pain walked out when there was an empty wheelchair they could've used it's pathetic but it's also her aide's fault for not advocating for her patient. So on your next visit to a doctor's office or hospital be alert, aggressive and advocate for yourself and your family members b/c if you let the mediocrity of these hospital staff or doctor's office be in charge you will get the bare minimum standard in care and if you're lucky you will be treated with compassion and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment