Thursday, December 23, 2010

day of pampering

It's 5:00 and it seems like the afternoon just flew by.  We were dropped off at the salon after 12 and it was kind of full which you really don't expect here.  I wasn't going to get anything done to my hair at all as I'm very skeptical b/c of my hair texture.  As I stated in my previous blog I wasn't too happy with the fact that stylist kept bumping me off b/c of the amount of work required to blow out my hair that in my opinion is poor customer service.  I try to refine myself when I'm here but sometimes the new yorker in me just comes out lol my mother was done pretty fast but when they call me over I was nervous I get my hair washed some straightening product put in and I thought ok they're going to start blowing my hair out with a round brush nope this chick takes a paddle brush and starts drying my hair i'm sitting in the chair like wtf I looked like zz top or like I stuck my head in a electric socket.  The NY version or better said hispanic salon version of a "blow out" is a round brush or roller sets then blown with a round brush and flat ironed.  I was panicking b/c I barely go to salons as it is I texted my mom and she shows up by the chair stylist said sorry I didn't know you were worried and she reassures me it would like nice once she was done I thought it sure better have.  It looked nice when done and I took the plunge and cut off 4 inches from my hair after not cutting my hair for over a year and it still looks long.  After too many bad hair days and dry ends it was necessary after the hair experience we went to the nail salon where we had a truly pampering experience a spa manicure and spa pedicure.  This place is clean and looks like a day spa instead of a nail salon with no crowds rush and nice staff and very good quality polish.  The day of beauty pampering was long awaited and well deserved one of my new year's resolutions this year is to take better care of myself and get groomed more often.  Tomorrow is xmas eve and dinner will be at my aunt's house and we're planning to go to midnight mass which will be a new experience for me as I've never been to one before.   We're going to be leaving soon to see meet the fockers and I'm sure it will be funny. Jr had a nap so his battery is very well charged I hope he will behave for his grandmother while we're at the movies.  I kind of miss phoebe but i'm sure the lazy cat is sleeping on our bed and eating her dry food.  I think next trip we make we may bring her provided we don't fly b/c now it costs a fortune and they've made it impossible to afford anyone to bring their pets along just as everything else is ridiculously expensive when it comes to air travel pretty soon they will be charging us for the air we breathe too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment