Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

Today is Halloween the last day of the month and I can't believe we are almost finished with this year it seems like it flew by so fast. It was a typical cold fall day over here and after I left the shelter I came home got jr ready for trick or treating he got dressed in his costume and we took him around the neighborhood and he got a ok amount of candy but Halloween is not the same as when I was a kid I remember everyone was so nice and opened their homes to trick or treaters now people are so stingy now even rude. As we walked the main strip of our area I actually saw a store that said "no candy" and I thought that's messed but it's a sign of the times and kind of shows you where people's mentality and priorities are. When we were children I'd come home with 2 big bags of candy to be checked of course and I had a major sweet tooth so my mother would have to limit the amount I got and she always checked the candy before we got any of course. This is still a very important rule always check the candy bags of your kids make sure there aren't any open wrappers old, etc. I remember those McDonald's Halloween coupons that we used to get I'm sure they have the halloween happy meal or something else in its place now. It seems like everything new just doesn't have the same appeal as things were in the past. Even going to the McDonald's we went to today I wasn't impressed with the service or quality of the food and for the amount you pay for it it should be cooked properly. When you take pride in what you do, it shows overall. As we were trick or treating we passed the kid's fun house where there were doing a Halloween celebration but it was $20 per ticket and I couldn't pay that jr was upset and I felt bad as it was $15 to reserve in advance I know he would've had a ball there I guess we can take him there for his birthday or I was still looking into chuck e cheese. Either way we will make it special and fun for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment