Tuesday, February 22, 2011

long weekend

This weekend was a long weekend love those b/c Mondays are my least favorite day of the week I always feel tired and have no motivation.  I got some extra rest but long for a total "me" day where I can spend the day alone minus child husband maybe the nail salon and my favorite tv shows.  So much for the short lived tease of spring weather we got last week and it's back to the big freeze again.  I'm tired of this cold weather already I look forward to spring b/c the weather is so nice you can get rid of the heavy jackets, boots, and sweaters and appreciate the trees and flowers in bloom.  It's hard to get some sleep when you have a toddler sandwiched between you and your significant other and this is a battle I'm losing b/c this is a habit that I didn't want to get him used to but I don't have much of a choice it's either stand my ground and put him back inside crib and him scream his head off and by the time I get to sleep I got maybe an hour or two of sleep so this is a dilemma working parents deal with all the time.  My bed felt so warm and good until I was nudged by him to wake up I get up half conscious to watch NY1 and finally hit the shower which didn't help b/c I take out the puff I use for body powder and squeeze lotion on to it, talk about being half asleep.  I get out of the bathroom to find my son sitting on the sofa with a canister of gerber graduates cruching on them and a mess of snacks on the sofa I thought I really need this! I had to clean it up quick and finish getting dressed and ready to then get him dressed and bundled to finally be out the door.  I knew it was freezing when we couldn't walk up the block due to ice freezing up so I had to cross the street.  I was happy to have caught both buses and both trains on time to make it here before 8 got my breakfast and got here on time which is great.  I get a call from tax people only for them to tell me the names on my social and W2 don't match I thought I changed it when we got married apparently not so another task having to deal with a gov't office as if I don't have enough things to remember but I don't want refunds to be delayed either.  I arrive on time just to hear that the system is down yet again unbelievable it wasn't available for 2 days last week and I can only read the paper so many times.  Well we will see what this day brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment