Thursday, January 6, 2011

apple rant, att, warranty nonsense

Today on my lunch break I went to an apple store in Soho.  My husbands iphone was acting up and there is only a few days left on warranty and after getting the repeated run around from AT&T and Apple customer service.  I posted a rant on face book and got  response so I thought I had finally got someone who knew what they were talking about I take the time to go to the store and when I arrive, the person at the front tells me I have to call apple care and I thought are you kidding me? I finally spoke to someone else and I was given a slot to go up stairs and see a technician who asked me various questions and he says phone has liquid damage which I was kind of surprised and he said the part they needed wasn't there so he replaced the phone and I breathed a sigh of relief and rushed back to work I was 40 minutes late from lunch and had I worked for the private industry I probably would've gotten fired or faced sometime of discplinary action or been docked that time so thank goodness for city job and an cool supervisor.  While it's something that's not right I don't make it a habit either.  I get home phone is not working and on top of that I have a headache due to not eating wasting my darn lunch time trying to get this problem resolved.  I think my headache only got worse when he told me it wasn't working I thought shit now I have to go back over there again I made an appointment this time but the phone works now so I'm going to cancel but I will still keep an eye on it and if it starts to act weird again it's going right back.  For those of you who read my blog you know very well that I dispise AT&T wireless and apple.  I don't like AT&T or any cell phone company who has contracts it's only a way to trap you and I learned this the hard way.  Cell phone contracts should be gotten rid of but companies are smart they also know that many people want the latest phone and don't want to pay full price for it so this is the bait they use to snag and reel people in.  AT&T has some of the worse service in the metro NY area bad clarity, weird noises, and tons of dropped calls and ridiculous termination fees to boot.  I was told at the apple store to purchase apple care for the phone which is supposed to cover hardware, technical issues, but doesn't cover theft etc and what the heck is the point of only covering some things but not covering all? hmm let's see if I'm robbed or my phone is stolen do you really think I have another $200+ dollars to replace an iphone.  In my opinion that's not a true warranty.  A true warranty would cover everything.  I love apple products I mean I have an ipod nano that was a gift but what steers me away is their ridiculous policies.  When I went there today I couldn't believe all of these artsy fartsy people in there I kind of felt out of place but then it dawned on me that I was in Soho and it's very high end around there you can tell by the stores, boutiques, etc.  and of course the people.  He calls apple care on the phone and the guy pretty much told my husband he was SOL in a nice way he calls apple store they say we can bring phone back this is the shit that frustrates me I wish for once someone would know what the hell they're talking about for once I swear that I think they make things up as they go along depending on who you talk to.  I also thought about the snow we're expecting and MTA also another favorite blog topic of mine can't even handle service when weather is good as you can see the train wreck our sanitation department did and mayor jerkberg flapping his gums about what I don't know damage control isn't working and NYC was left out in the cold b/c of a bunch of lazy union scam artists who intentionally did a work slow down that caused a lot of trouble and claimed some lives too.  They're rotten actions are just beginning to bubble to the surface and you will be hearing about in the news and papers.  Everyone likes to point fingers and shift blame no one wants to take the responsiblility.  I thought it was ridiculous since snow clean up has never been a problem before.  I went off topic but I'm really hoping that this phone continues to work b/c I don't feel like going back down there and get more nonsense from them and don't feel like getting stranded due to snow.  I know I will have no problem falling asleep tonight b/c I had a pretty long and stressful day.  I'm glad tomorrow is friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment