Monday, January 31, 2011

sometimes you just can't win

This weekend wasn't restful for me at all and many usually aren't.  Jr drove me crazy all weekend and yesterday he pushed us to the limit and I finally had enough I told his father he's all yours.  He was taken yesterday to get his hair cut and I went to my room and laid down but by the time I get to do that I can't even fall asleep *sigh* so I just spend some time in bed talking on the phone quiet time to say the least.  My stomach was also acting up as it usually does when I'm stressed out.  I started to feel hungry and I needed a metro card since due to city incompetence I still haven't received my commuter card yet.  I took this as an excuse to take a walk and get some air.  I got a 7 day unltd metro card hoping that this card will be in the mail soon or they will reimburse me for every penny I spend out of my pocket.  This is the biggest mistake they made converting to wage works, the City should've kept the transit benefit program as it is, as the saying goes if it's not broke don't fix it .  Many people are having issues with the cards at the vending machines getting error messages, it's ridiculous and to top it off the MTA service stinks and we're paying more to get LESS in with trains behind schedule, stations in horrible disrepair, dirty and unsanitary and it's going to get worse as they try to bleed us dry again for another fare hike whenever that is, hopefully I will be gone by the time that happens.  I get a simple soup and egg roll from the chinese restaurant come home to eat it and try to relax jr doesn't make that possible.  Dinner is done he gets home and as we're eating jr decides to dump his food all over the place *sigh*  the worst was when he spilled the juice and fell on the sofa I finally had enough gave him a spanking.  I try to use spanking as a last resort but sometimes kids just really get you to that point.  One positive to this weekend was that idiots weren't blasting their music which made me breathe a sigh of relief but there's always next weekend or during the week.  We're still in limbo we're going to be paid or not I'm sick of this mayor i'm telling you we can't submit our time sheets until this is resolved if he's smart he will concede if he's looking for a fight he will get one!!! I have every intention to writing to metro ny amny etc. and letting them know what a greedy incompetent jerk he is.  Today was another wonderful start to my Monday morning which let me say this I hate mondays always have,  I got up got ready when it was time for me to get jr up and dressed another battle royale again, by the time I finally get to the bus stop after having to walk the obstacle course due to the horrible clean up efforts of our wonderful sanitation department I winded up missing my first bus the Q39  then I drop him off and boom miss the Q54 which comes before the schedule posted at the bus stop.  The fun really began once I got on the train we're stuck waiting there with the doors open the cold coming in, conductor said delays I said every expletive possible to myself of course, then the train proceeded to move in turtle speed, getting stuck 3 more times I finally had enough it was 5 minutes after 8 and I hadn't even gotten to the city yet!!! I get off jump on the Z train and that's an express train supposedly that zooms by the local on a good day and now it's running on turtle speed and I think the wtf I just can't win!!!!.  It picks up speed finally getting into essex st I finally get off at my stop to clock in at 8:24 24 MINUTES late it's ridiculous.  They must be sick of seeing my emails at the MTA but I don't care still going to keep sending them until they clean up their act there's no reason why someone should be late 3 times in a week last and I'm hoping that this will be the only week I will be late.  I really should be leaving my house at 6:30 just to get here on time based on the turtle speed this system rides on but since I drop jr off at daycare I don't get that head start I sure wish I did.  I get to my job frozen and clock in and try to find hot chocolate only to see I don't have none and I walk to dunkin donuts run into a long line grab my hot choclate and donut and back to work to see yet another mob waiting for the elevator b/c of one elevator not working as you can there's always something nothing ever goes totally smooth maybe it does once in a while not here.  I should've started my work already but I just had to warm up and vent it all out.  Let's see how long we're left in limbo before we get to submit our timesheets.  I'm hoping that this is a quite uneventful day I'm going to take my time working as I have 24 extra minutes to kill *sigh* when it rains it poors

No comments:

Post a Comment