Wednesday, January 26, 2011

annoying day

This morning was like any other had to be woken up again I got ready had my breakfast and got jr ready which isn't always easy b/c he can be grouchy in the morning.  I drop him off and as I turn the corner I see my other bus coming and I ran very fast to catch it almost busting my ass and getting hit by a car now that's dedication to get to work lol nope I just didn't want to be late yet again.  I get on my train start my ride praying that it would be an uneventful commute and it sure was thank goodness I guess they figured they put me through crap for 2 days in a row. I get to work and warm up with my hot chocolate read my news papers and unwind and I begin my work day which was pretty slow and boring and the bad weather sure it didn't help.  I get bored during the day a lot so I surf the net, read, etc. and finally my lunch time comes and I'm ready to leave and they come to me telling me that they need a translation and I could feel myself getting annoyed b/c technically that's not my job and I asked if it could b/c I'm going to lunch and they said no and I was like wtf I go over there and get on the phone and this lady really pissed me off b/c she calls the hot line and when I try to ask her all the info the other rep couldn't due to language barrier she was taking a very long time and she's the one who initiated the call you would think she'd have all of the info and I don't know if there was a bad connection or what but it didn't sound clear so I winded up misspelling the name the other person didn't even have our ID number or tell me the name was hyphenated I finally get whatever I could and leave.  I go back to my desk to attempt to find this in the system it takes me forever to then post the notes in the system and 20 minutes is shaved off my lunch time I was fuming heck I even said it as I walked over I'm not doing this again i'm not a translator. My whole point is she gets to go on her freaking lunch break with no interruptions from now on I'm not doing anything and I'm going to make sure I disappear before 1.  I know that sounds screwed up but I don't get paid for this shit and frankly I believe a lot of people take advantage of people who are bilingual and I think people who work as bilingual customer service etc etc are also underpaid in my opinion. The thing with spanish is people don't realize that no one speaks it all the same there are different countries, differents words and expressions and while many words are universal sometimes it's not uncommon to come across words or things you may not understand.  Now I'm a good worker professional team player etc but I'm no one's fool either.  A lot of people take kindness for weakness and that infuriates me I could've easily said no and been protected by the union contract b/c it's an out of title task. I thought to myself if I didn't need this job I would've walked right out of here that's how pissed off I was.   I then venture out in the snowy wet weather to au bon pain yeah I was a glutton for punishment to walk in the sleet and slush quite a messy sight indeed.  I got myself my favorite chicken noodle soup, an orange scone, and tried their hot chocolate for the first I figured I deserved it for all the aggravation I've been through this week with the mta and today with this stupidity and when I return I made it a point to mention that the whole thing took 20 mins off my lunch and she thanks me and tells me I could make up those 20 mins and I thought I was going to do regardless.   Today during down moments I research the FL job market again and I saw maybe two things not liking what I'm seeing still which kind of scares and discourages me at the same time.  I also looked into some hospitals here in the city b/c honestly I have to admit I'm getting sick and tired of the bs that goes on here.  I know everyone has their good and bad days at work it's normal but there comes a point in your life where you've done all you can do and it's time to move on to a new chapter.  This week I saw someone who came into the office who's working in healthcare and I thought to myself there are people I see that I really wonder how they get their jobs b/c a lot of them aren't very professional or know their material which kind of brings me to the point that sometimes people just have luck not necessarily the skills and it boggles my mind that I went to school for this and I never found work in the healthcare profession and I felt like a total failure and it was a waste of my time and efforts.  When I see all of those advertisements on TV for healthcare training or trade schools I think many of them are a bunch of thieves looking to take your money and give you false promises and get you into debt b/c seriously for you to qualify for financial aid isn't easy and let's face not too many adults these days can afford to be full time students unless you got it like that or got full financial etc.  I'd like to pursue this again but honestly my past experience left me with a very bad taste in my mouth so I'm very cautious to pursue it again maybe  just it was the wrong time of my life or just a shitty school, etc.  I just don't want to go into school which will be harder now that I have a child study get good grades and I can't find work and sadly this happens to a lot of students and our shitty economy doesn't help this.  I also think sometimes ppl don't really research the field they're interested in and make unrealistic goals for themselves while it's nice to dream at the end of the day everyone has to pay rent, utilities, eat etc.  He's watching american idol and I'm being tortured b/c some of these people are down right terrible and are a bunch of sore losers.  Some good talent has come out of this but most of the times I'd rather not watch this as it gets boring i'd rather watch CSI Hawaii Five O or some other type of show.  I'm sure it's going to be really fun to get to work tomorrow in all of that snow let's see if the MTA will be able to deal I will have a ride at least thank goodness for that.  Well it's after 10 and it's time for me to start winding down for the night.  I so wish tomorrow were Friday but still have one more day.  Tomorrow is another day let's hope it will have a better outcome than todays.

No comments:

Post a Comment