Tuesday, August 9, 2011

arrived in the sunshine state

I'm happy I finally arrived and I'm on vacation so many things and preparations leading up to this trip Sunday was busy packing housework and last minute cleaning I was exhausted Sunday only to wake up yesterday to do last minute packing of snacks and last minute purchases since everything at the airport is ridiculously overpriced I priced a nestled pure life sports bottle @ $2.19 we get to the airport and the check in lines are moving slow which adds to my stress thinking I will miss my flight than going through tsa lines was actually uneventful but once past the gate and not too much cheap options for lunch I heard the first boarding call so we ran to our gate and boarded and once seated Jr began to cry I guess he was scared of the plane but he calmed down eventually I took out snacks and juice boxes it was a challenge keeping him occupied and I think the kid in front of him was annoyed by him wanting to keep opening and closing tray I noticed father offered to change seats but ppl tend to forget that its hard to keep a toddler occupied once they gave out snacks he devoured the bag of mini chocolate chip cookies and I sampled a new snack called popcorn chips they taste like popcorn in a chip will look for the bigger bag :). I sort of wish spongebob would've been on he probably could've stood still longer but I was happy for safe flight and smooth landing. It's a breeze to navigate jax airport compared to jfk and I was happy to see my mother aunt and uncle the weather was very hot and humid but to be expected for August and this trip is bitter sweet as he is not with us this time and that's sad before we left he said goodbye to jr and I saw his eyes water and a part of me felt bad but it was his choice not to be a part of this trip which I think was made based on anger which is why it's not good to make choices when we are very angry and I hope that if things get better he will be a part of other trips but overall I'm glad to finally be here and on vacation I fell asleep fast as trips take a lot out of you I got up this am and sat out in the sun watching the ducks in the lake its a welcome break from city life and I look forward to enjoying it it feels good to relax and do nothing for a change
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment