Friday, August 26, 2011

MTA To End Subway, Bus Service At Noon Saturday

MTA To End Subway, Bus Service At Noon Saturday

I'm not looking forward to dealing with hurricane Irene or it's effects but as a city employee many of my co-workers have been bombared with phone calls from OEM asking them to report to shelters to work and I'd really like to know how'd they expect us to get there when there is a system wide shut. MTA as much as I loathe them is what moves the city of NY and without no one is going anywhere no one is going to risk their lives getting in a car with rain and winds at high speeds like that I know I wouldn't. A system wide shut down is going to cripple our city and when Monday comes I'm hoping it's up and running so I can get to work provided the after effects aren't too bad but I as well as millions of others can't go no where without the MTA. I will go to the store today and stock up on water canned goods and batteries and I'm sure I will be faced with plenty of chaos as well b/c the media also loves to put the fear into people. I hoping everyone in the North East area has what they need, takes their evacuation order seriously if you live in that zone, and stays safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment