Friday, March 25, 2011

ride to union sq.

It's after 3 and I'm winding down the work week at my desk.  Today I decided to take a ride to Union Sq. today the sun is out and the weather warmed up a little bit.   Got on the express 5 b/c the R train is slow like molasses and always makes me very late back to the office.  When I got off the train I'm always in awe of how much it has changed from my hs and college days. My first stop was to Barnes & Noble and I found the books I was looking and for while it wasn't the exact titles but they were close enough.  There's so many stores and while it's a little pricey and trendy the crowd isn't as bad as the down town area I guess it's b/c it's more wider and spacious the crowd has more room to spread out.  I always like to walk through or sit when I have a chance in Union Sq. park and just relax people watch etc. and I never miss a chance to take a look at the things in the farmers market.  While many of the things are very expensive they're natural they're beautiful and I can't believe that there are such nice farms in this state that produce such great things.  Some of the things I saw were some fresh jams, jellies, and canned fruits,  organic eggs which I think were laced with gold b/c one egg was $1.50, a whole dozen $4.50 another stand who was also an egg farm wanted $5.00 for a dozen eggs.  I saw some beautiful roses and tulips and one of my favorite stands is the lavender stand b/c it smells great and lavender has soothing qualities to help you relax and sleep.  I saw three lavender satchets for $10 not too bad considering that the guy by city hall wanted $8.00 for a bunch.  I'm sure there are cheaper places but a sachet last a long time so you don't have to replace it often.  They're good for drawers, closets, and just to make your apartment, bedroom or house smell nice.  Fresh apple cider stand, cheeses, etc.  I took some photos of what I saw and I might upload some later.   After passing through the farmers market I walked up to the Wendys and I couldn't believe how fast the line moved b/c the one at Fulton St. near where I work is a joke there are times I'd have to leave a few minutes earlier just to walk and find a spot on line which is why I never go in there I got my food and headed back toward the train station and while I'm about to approach the turnstile I notice some fool texting and trying to swipe her metro card this is really annoying me as I sense I might be late from lunch I said it are we going to text or swipe your card, *sigh*  I sometimes wonder what ppl are thinking, I doubt it's that important well I flew to catch the train got the downtown 5 and I was late but no one said a word and I just did a few minor things as today's day was relatively slow and it's almost 3:30 I've got a half hour left and I'm on my ride home.  It was nice to get away and take a walk and explore provided trains cooperate.  I will do this more often as the weather improves I'm hoping that this will be the last days of cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment