Friday, June 17, 2011

first work out

This Wednesday was my first trip to the gym and since I haven't completed the orientation for the machines I did a class called turbo kick which I guess is aerobic moves with kick boxing moves and it turbo kicked my a**.  I didn't realize how out of shape I really am I took a sip of water 3 times and I think I should've started out with something slower but the schedule says it's for all levels I disagree with that I think they need to break up the classes beginner, intermediate, advanced b/c this way the moves are going to be tailored to each level.  The work out pants I got were too big and I kept having to pick up them up during the class how embarrassing is that so I had to go down another size.  I found some new balance ones today for $10 at a discount store around the job I hope they fit well b/c I hate having to keep searching for the same type of pants.  I visited the gym location near where I live and I didn't really like the set up but every location is different.  What I didn't like about this place was the lack of professionalism of the front desk very ghettofied they don't greet any one and the fact that the lockers are right near the work out areas where male employees can come in and see yet they don't want you using the bathrooms as dressing rooms hmm did it ever occur to you that I don't want to look at anyone's stuff or I don't want anyone looking at mine yeah I know we have the same thing but so what I saw a couple of sights that I wanted to puke over for example do you really need that body armor or these so called slimmers when you're going to gym??? first of all you can see all of your lady lumps celluluite bumps on your *** and a camel toe that you just can't miss.  Seriously? Do us all a favor and buy sweats or wear leggings till you can look like one of the models who are on the poster who model the crap but don't need it just want to fool ppl into thinking it can minimize what it really can't perhaps smash it down.  I'm not slim I need to lose weight hence the reason why I'm at the gym but guess what my body is solid and there's no way I'd walk out with inappropriate gym clothes for my body type which is why I keep it simple tshirt or nylon work out shirts and capris or shorts.   I also knew where I was when there was a sign that said to use combination locks instead of key locks it didn't say that at other places that was in a way nicer area.   The thing that turned me off the most was the fact that there was no machine rotation I don't like when people hog the machines and I'm not about to get into a altercation over gym equipment so I just may use this place to do a class or two then go home but if I want to use weights or machines take a ride into the other locations.  This is "me" time and I don't want stress or aggravation during this time as I have enough of that as it is.  Today I'm deciding between zumba or aerobics class I think zumba is a pretty fast class too so I'm still in the deciding mode.  I have to work on my eating habits still I still slip up here and there and stay away from my weaknesses which are sweets, etc.  I've considered joining weight watchers but can I really afford to do both? It kind of limits what you can eat and many restaurants have a section where you can order weight watchers inspired entrees but I looked at some of them and they don't look that appetizing.  My fitness journey has just started and I have a long way to go so I'm sure eventually my body will get the hang of exercising and eating healthier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment