Thursday, June 2, 2011

No place like your own space

These past few days have been mentally exhausting for me due to the living situation at home this person needs to make a decision and figure out a life plan b/c I'm not sure I'm going to be able to deal with this on a long term basis.  I'm looking forward to having my house back for a few days and a weekend to myself and my child.  They say everyone appreciates things when they're temporarily gone or gone for good.  I've learned to appreciate solitude and privacy b/c lately I haven't had any.  My solitude has been my ride back and forth to work and being at work.  People can only pretend for so long maybe a better word is be on good behavior and manners but truth is all of us have our habits good and bad and our quirks.  When I get home from work I'm tired and I just want to wash my hands and kick back and watch some NY1 or the usual spongebob overload change into my lounge pants and chill I don't feel like being happy home maker or feel like starting the 3 course June Cleaver dinner of the 1950's.  People of the older generation just don't get it sometimes they don't get that now with today's outrageous cost of living a two income family is necessary unless your man makes some real good money and women just don't have the energy to do it all.  June has arrived and half the year is gone seems like time is flying by so fast.  I sure wish that I would accrue some more time b/c I'd sure like to take a vacation in the summer for once.  I need a break away from NYC, daily life, etc.  but the time accrual is on a standstill and it's very frustrating.  I sure wish this cough and running nose would go away hopefully in a few days it will.  I'm loving this sunny weather just not the humidity.  This weekend we went to Sesame Place and jr had an okay time he was happy on the merry go round, the fish, and other rides  but was moody and cried went to the Count's Splash Castle and the bucket of water fell on us,  I enjoyed it lol it was very refreshing especially since it was 90+ degrees and very humid that day I was glad I bought my bathing suit but not so glad I got a sunburn on my arm and below my neck.  Note to self: always put on sun block.  I like Sesame Place it brings me back to my child hood days and I never got to experience coming to Sesame Place as a kid so it's good that my son gets a chance to enjoy places like that.  We watched the Parade with all the characters and I got my some great shots.  Everything is so bright and colorful there,  we still have an extra day so we will definitely come back in the summer.  I received the report from the speech therapist and he's making good progress but still has delays, it's a slow progress but he will get there eventually.  Today the special instruction teacher is coming and I'm sure he will do fine and I'm eager to see her report.  However I found out that the meeting for extension of services is not the same as the CPSE mtg and I'm not thrilled about that b/c I didn't like the other evaluators at all and I'm not thrilled that their findings would have an impact on what services he will get.  So I now it won't be an easy process but I'm willing to fight any denials should they issue any.  I receive a call from the coordinator yesterday and the agency wanting to provide ot services wants it written on an prescription which I think is totally ridiculous since the EI agency is the one providing the service some things are so simple yet people choose to make it hard so another phone call to the dr office hoping I get through to someone who can help me out.  This temp move downstairs has really started to grow on us.  Many of these people down here are rude, have emotional problems and need professional help combined with medication.  They make everything simple into a long dragged out mix of drama and nonsense.  My boss told one of them off and I was glad b/c they seem to think that they can talk to anyone any kind of way.  I don't like being rude to people but some ppl have no boundaries and are stupid and need to be told off and put in their place.  On that note it's time for me to stop blogging and get to work.  I'm hoping for an uneventful day at this place, an uneventful ride home, and a peaceful evening at home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment