Monday, July 18, 2011

Teen Accused Of Beating Bus Driver Over Dog

Teen Accused Of Beating Bus Driver Over Dog

When I heard about this story on the news I was in shock! When I lived in Yonkers I used to occassionally ride the BX9 bus if the trains were acting up or for shopping and I never imagined that an incident like this could happen. I was infuriated that the situation was even allowed to escalate to the point that it did how are you going to be on a bus witnessing something go down like this and not step in and try to stop it!!! How do we as people and society allow this to happen it says a lot about our society and sadly the mentality of people who live in an certain area as much as I hate to say it there's a small truth to every stereotype. I understand people are scared and that's natural but come one she could've killed this woman she's lucky to be alive. I meaning even calling 911 from a cell phone if you're afraid to physically get involved. This woman was dragged off her bus and beaten up savagely and she should've kicked this 17 yr old a** in my opinion all she was doing was her job as a driver and enforcing the law how dare this piece of crap assault this woman to the degree that she did and think she wasn't going to face any legal consequences for it. Maybe the driver felt if she did hit her, she'd be considered in the wrong and be charged with assault but come one this would've been an obvious self-defense case. I think workers need better protection on the job and I'm glad that they came up with 7 yr jail term for assaulting transit employees b/c while there are some who work a nerve but there are some who are professional and do their jobs and everyone should feel safe while earning a living. Work place violence and street violence are very real issues there needs to be more done to make people realize that they just can't assault someone or start any type of drama and not face legal repercussions for it. I've even heard of fights happening here in this agency this is totally unacceptable and if it were the private sector you'd be fired in a heart beat. I'm glad that justice was served and she will have 7 years to think about her actions but I doubt it would make a difference. I will think twice before taking the BX9 or any bus and hope what I hope for every day a safe uneventful ride to and from my destination.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that this situation is messed up but I always tell people not to think they are any safer just because an area is considered safe. Things like this happen everywhere in this city. I am more mad at the people that just stood around than anything else, the city needs more cameras on buses and the Bronx def needs more buses, every bus is always crowded to the point where people spill out once the door is opened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with that we have to be aware at all times Queens has the same problem with buses some areas are more populated and the buses aren't properly spaced so the crowds are horrendous and I don't have to be anywhere that important that I want to be squished on a bus.

    ReplyDelete